1 month ago
Dipropylene Glycol: Introduction
- Dipropylene glycol is typically a colorless, odorless liquid that possesses moderate viscosity. Dipropylene glycol has low volatility and is soluble in water. Dipropylene glycol is hygroscopic, i.e. it attracts water from atmosphere.
- A distinctive feature of dipropylene glycol as compared to other types of glycols is its wider range of solvency. The ability of dipropylene glycol to solubilize oil such as castor oil makes it highly useful in a wide range of applications.
- Dipropylene glycol is a member of the glycol class of compounds. Simply put, ‘glycol’ is a term for any organic compound belonging to the alcohol family. A glycol, which may also be referred to as a diol, comprises two hydroxyls groups attached to different carbon atoms. There are many different types of compounds that belong to this family, such as butylene glycol, polyethylene glycol, and ethylene glycol.
Download PDF Brochure - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=4116
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Dipropylene Glycol Market
- Dipropylene glycol is primarily used in paints and coatings, urethanes, cosmetics, fragrance, and persona care. Increase in demand for dipropylene glycol in these applications is expected to boost the global dipropylene glycol market.
- Rise in usage of dipropylene glycol in perfume manufacturing and odor sensitive applications is boosting the demand for dipropylene glycol. The use of dipropylene glycol as plasticizer, polymerization initiator, and additive in chemical and polymer industries is also expected to drive the global market.
- Dipropylene glycol is an active skin and eye irritant, which can cause irritation. Additionally, threats of alternatives such as 3-proanediol is likely to hinder the market.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/growing-adoption-in-the-medical-industry-to-bolster-growth-of-the-biocompatible-3d-printing-materials-market-market-estimated-to-rise-at-a-remarkable-growth-rate-of-16-cagr-over-2019-to-2027-tmr-301319368.html
Dipropylene Glycol: Grade Segment
- In terms of grade, the global dipropylene glycol market can be into regular grade and high purity grade
- The regular grade dipropylene glycol is primarily used as a reactive intermediate in the production of polyurethanes, high-performance unsaturated polyester resins, and plasticizers. The regular grade dipropylene glycol has high solvency, low toxicity, low evaporation rate, low odor, and high viscosity. Thus, it is a widely preferred chemical intermediate in various applications.
- Major applications of regular grade dipropylene glycol include high-volume plasticizer, reactant in unsaturated polyurethane resins, initiator in urethane polyol; polyol in certain rigid polyurethane systems, and reactive diluent in radiation cured resins and coatings. Other uses of regular grade dipropylene glycol comprise hydraulic brake fluids, textile lubricants, cutting oils, printing inks, industrial soaps, and coatings and solvents for chemicals used in agricultural applications such as insecticides.
- High purity grade dipropylene glycol is specifically designed for odor-sensitive applications including fragrances and cosmetics. High purity grade dipropylene glycol is primarily a distilled product, which has purity more than 99.5%. It is a liquid which is colorless, odorless, hygroscopic, and water soluble.
COVID-19 Impact on Dipropylene Glycol Market
- Since the beginning of 2020, the global economy has been experiencing downturn due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic. The COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to significant affect the production and distribution of dipropylene glycol.
- Governments of several countries have imposed strict lockdowns to curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. Many manufacturing companies are either shut down or running low on production capacity.
- Decrease in industrial activities due to the pandemic has been adversely impacting the global dipropylene glycol market
Buy now - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=4116<ype=S
Asia Pacific Holds Major Share of Dipropylene Glycol Market
- In terms of region, the global dipropylene glycol market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the market in 2020. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Asia Pacific is expected to be a rapidly growing region of the global dipropylene glycol market in the next few years primarily due to rise in demand for dipropylene glycol in plasticizers and polyurethane resins.
- Demand for dipropylene glycol in textile lubricants is anticipated to rise in India and China considering the extensive growth of the textile chemical industry in these countries. Increase in industrialization in these countries is likely to boost the demand for dipropylene glycol in printing inks, automotive, and several other end-user industries.
- The market in North America is expected to expand significantly owing to the increase in usage of glycols in printing inks, perfumes, body lotions, and other products in the region. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period.
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=4116
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Dipropylene Glycol Market
The global dipropylene glycol market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global dipropylene glycol market include:
- Shell Global
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Huntsman Corporation
- Dupont Tate & Lyle Bio Products LLC
- Manali Petrochemicals Limited
Global Dipropylene Glycol Market: Research Scope
Global Dipropylene Glycol Market, by Grade
- Regular Grade
- High Purity Grade
Global Dipropylene Glycol Market, by End-use
- Cosmetic & Fragrance
- Polyurethane Polyols
- Unsaturated Polyester Resins
- Alkyd Resins
Views today: 0 Views total: 20